Brazos Star Credit Union will be changing Debit Card Processors to provide an upgraded service and ease of use.
Coming soon in May, 2022, all Brazos Star Credit Union debit cards will be upgraded to a new servicing platform. What this means for you:
- You will be receiving a new Visa debit card with a new card number, expiration date, PIN, and security code.
- Activate your new debit card as soon as you receive it and destroy the old card by cutting it into several pieces or putting it through a shredder. Your old card will no longer work once the new debit card conversion takes place on May 18, 2022.
- You will assign your own unique PIN number at the time you activate your new card. Please ensure you activate your card and set the new PIN during the same phone call. Your PIN will not carry over from the old card.
- If you have any pre-authorized or recurring payments on your debit card, such as your gym membership or house utilities, you will need to notify those merchants/billers of your new card information.
We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to continue working for you and your financial well-being. Thank you for your membership and loyalty in Brazos Star Credit Union.
Important VISA® Debit Card Usage Tips
- Effective May 31, 2022 the maximum purchase limit in any one day is $2,000.00
- The maximum amount of cash you can receive at an ATM machine is $ 500.00 per day with debit card cash transaction
- You must have the funds available in your account to withdraw up to the maximum daily limit Please note: Other transactions that have not posted to your account will reduce the amount available for daily activity using your VISA® debit card during any 24 hour period.
- It is a good idea to keep accurate records of your debit card transactions and to monitor your account activity. Our credit union smart phone apps allow you to obtain immediate information on your account. You can view recent postings to your account throughout the day and make transfers from savings to checking accounts.
- The Personal Identification Number that accompanies your DEBIT card account is the computer generated pin/number/secret code to your account. Please be sure to keep your personal identification number (PIN) safe. The credit union does not keep a record of your actual PIN; it is your responsibility to remember it.
- Please use your VISA® DEBIT card responsibly. Do not authorize or allow others to use your debit card. By giving others your card to use, you are authorizing access to your account(s).
A valuable tool for managing your Brazos Star Checking Account, our VISA Debit Card is:
Our Brazos Star VISA debit card is the perfect everyday card! The only card you’ll ever need, it’s easy to use and accepted everywhere VISA is. As a debit card, it’s linked to your Brazos Star checking, which means each time you use the card, the money automatically deducts from your account. Use either your secure PIN (personal identification number) for transactions, or sign for signature-based (credit) transactions that act like a credit card.
No Problem. Text Us.We’ll Text You Back. In a rush? Have a quick question?If you need to reach us, we’re right here w/you!Text us @ (979) 846-7456 and we will text you right back. For Alerts, News and More members can TEXT Brazosstarcu to (855) 927-8273 or scan the QR Code.
Continue Reading Don’t Have Time to Talk?
If you have a Brazos Star Checking Account, and want to add the convenience of a VISA Debit Card, please contact the credit union at 979-846-7456 to have a secure form sent to you. Or, if you are requesting a new VISA Debit Card and you have reported your card lost or stolen, or it was closed because of fraud, please complete the Debit Card application under forms within our Secure Online Banking Service module.
Secure: you’re automatically protected by VISA’s Zero Liability Policy
Safe: no need to carry around large amounts of cash
Convenient: it’s accepted everywhere VISA is
Free: no monthly fees or usage fees
Easy: each transaction appears on your Brazos Star Checking Account statement for easy tracking
If you have an issue, concern, or a question concerning your Brazos Star VISA Debit Card, the following resources are available for your use:
For Old Cards: Please activate your new card and begin using it. Follow the instructions on the card mailer to activate your card and set your PIN.
If you are still using the current debit card (these are black) you may call these numbers until June 30, 2022.
Falcon Fraud: 888-241-2440 (Falcon is who we use to help with fraud detection)
Lost or Stolen Cards: 800.405.7068
Debit Card Activation: 800.466.0040
Change your Personal Identification Number (PIN): 800.503.9249*
*Note: To change your PIN number, you must have the PIN Reference Number that was included on your PIN Mailer. The Credit Union does not have access to PIN numbers. If you cannot remember your PIN, you can order a replacement PIN mailer. It normally takes approximately 10 days to be sent via the USPS.
For New VISA® Debit Cards issued after May 18, 2022
Card Activation Number: 866-985-2273
Lost or Stolen Card Center: 800-610-2696
If you receive a call from the Fraud Detection Work Center (FDWC) regarding possible fraud on your account, they will contact you from 888-918-7313. The fraud representative should provide this number if you are contacted by voicemail.
Debit Card Dispute Form
Information about Debit Card Fraud & Disputes
When charges and purchases appear on your statement that you do not recognize, they may be fraudulent, or they may not be. You may need to file a dispute or a fraudulent claim. Brazos Star Credit Union’s policies and procedures for processing fraudulent and disputed transactions are governed by the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, or Federal Regulation E, and they are outlined in the credit union’s Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Reg E) disclosure E-Funds Account agreement and Disclosures . There is a process that needs to be followed in order to effectively report card fraud or a transaction dispute.
The primary difference between a fraudulent transaction and a disputable transaction lies in whether or not the cardholder knowingly and willingly initiated the transaction with the merchant in the first place. Disputes can arise between a merchant and a cardholder for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to overcharging the cardholder, charging the cardholder for merchandise that wasn’t received, or charging the cardholder for a monthly subscription that was previously cancelled.
If the transaction was never authorized or initiated by the cardholder, a fraud claim may be filed. If you feel that you need to file a claim, please click on the link below.
VISA Debit Card Dispute Form
Debit Card Safety
Our focus is on providing you with a positive personal finance experience. That also extends to protecting you and your accounts from fraudsters or scammers.
Before traveling, we recommend you:
• Call the credit union at 979-846-7456 and inform us of the dates and locations you will be traveling with your debit card. Members can also complete the online Travel Notification Form
• Carry more than one form of payment (debit card, cash, Brazos Star VISA credit card, Brazos Star VISA Travel Card) For more information on our cards
• Call our Lost or Stolen Card Services at 1-800-405-7068 immediately if your card is missing.
It is also a good practice to confirm what phone numbers the credit union has on its records as we will call you in case our system flags one of your transactions as potentially fraudulent. PLEASE NOTE: When our fraud department calls you, they will only verify your transactions. They already have your information and would not need to ask you for your card number, PIN or other personal information.
NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR CARD NUMBER OR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO UNKNOWN CALLERS.
We are grateful that you trust us with your personal banking needs, and please be assured that we appreciate your understanding and realize the frustration that this may cause. Unfortunately, these practices have become necessary to prevent and limit the fraud that is occurring that is largely due to widespread data breaches and scams.
Should you have any questions, please call our member service representatives at 979-846-7456.