Planning to travel? Let us know before you go.
We’re not nosy; we just want your next trip to be as hassle free as possible. Advise us where you will be traveling so that we can make sure your debit and credit card are functional everywhere you go.
Our fraud protection group provider may block transactions from a specific region or country due to fraudulent activities. In addition, Brazos Star Credit Union and its processors employ state-of-the-art security systems to help protect members from plastic card fraud. If these systems spot irregular transactions, strange spending patterns or unusual locations on your card, they may automatically block a transaction, leaving you with one big headache.
So, please alert us before you head overseas or if you’re just heading over the border. We’ll be sure your cards are flagged and cleared for travel. Now get packing!
Confirm your travel information and card information.
Requested Information to make your travels easier
Travelers: George and Martha Washington
Countries: Austria, Germany
Cell Phone: (xxx) xxx-xxxx, Alternate Cell Phone: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Email Address: email@example.com
VISA Credit Card: 1 credit card ending in xxxxxx1234
Debit Check Card: 1 debit card ending in xxxxxx5678
What you should know:
- Make sure that you know your pin number for each card
- VISA® Credit Card International Assistance: Call collect +1-303-967-1096. For US and Canada, call VISA® Global Customer Assistance Services: 1-800-847-2911
- Brazos Star Credit Union Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM (Please, do not hesitate to call or text us at 979-846-7456 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We recommend you carry more than one credit and/or debit card when traveling out of state or out of the country.
- We also offer VISA® Gift Cards and Pre-paid VISA® Travel Cards that are not linked to your checking account. They are a safe and convenient alternative to your actual checking account or lines of credit.
Tips for Traveling Overseas
- Check your documents. Make sure your passport, identification and travel documents, reservations and contacts are up to date. Make copies and keep them in a separate bag.
- Go with Visa®. Visa credit cards are the most universally accepted credit cards worldwide.
- Check your PINs. It never hurts to double-check your PINs before you travel. If you need a new PIN, contact Member Services at least 14 days before you leave to ensure that we are able to get you a new pin.
- Keep us informed. Contact Brazos Star Credit Union to let us know when you’re going overseas and where. That way, when we see a foreign country turn up in your accounts, we know the purchases are valid. Complete a Travel Notification form on our website.
- Beware of “blocked countries.” Many countries have a bad reputation for card fraud and many card providers block card usage there. The countries on the blocked list change from time to time, so it’s always best to check the State Department website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html
- Make copies. No matter where you go, it’s good to photocopy the important stuff like your passport, credit/debit cards, driver’s license, itineraries, and other vital documents. Give a copy to family or friends, your tour guide (if you have one) and keep one copy with you in case something gets lost or stolen.
- Enroll in STEP. The Safe Traveler Enrollment Program through the State Department at https://step.state.gov/step/