Direct Deposit is a simple, safe, and smart way to manage your money. Offered by many businesses and government agencies, it allows your employer to directly send your monthly, semi-monthly or bi-weekly payroll deposit to your share draft checking or share/savings account rather than issuing you a paper check. These electronic deposits arrive and are made available to you more quickly than paper checks and can be automatically divided among different accounts based on your preferences. This feature is free and convenient, saving you both time and money.
Benefits of Direct Deposit
The benefits of Direct Deposit are many and varied, but they include the following:
Direct Deposit is simple.
- Once you have signed up for Direct Deposit, you don’t have to visit the credit union to deposit checks.
- Your money is automatically deposited into your account on time, every time – and you don’t have to be at work – or even in town!
Direct Deposit is safe.
- Direct Deposit payments never get lost.
- Direct Deposit is confidential. Money is transferred electronically and passes through fewer hands than a check.
- Problems with Direct Deposit, which are rare, are quickly resolved.
- Almost 85 percent of identity theft starts with someone seeing your personal financial information on a paper check, billing statement, or bank account statement. Once electronic payments are set up, the money travels electronically, greatly reducing the number of people who see your personal information.
Direct Deposit is smart.
- Direct Deposit gives you access to your money earlier than check deposits. There is no waiting for checks to clear.
- Direct Deposit puts you in charge of your money. Financial planners recommend Direct Deposit as one step towards gaining control of your finances.
- With Direct Deposit, you decide how to divide your pay among your accounts and it will be done automatically.
- Direct Deposit is a smart way to help the environment. Each year, checks use more than 674 million gallons of fuel and add 3.6 million tons of CO2 to the environment as they travel through the payment cycle.
Set up your Direct Deposit
To set up a Direct Deposit into your Brazos Star account, you will need to contact your employer’s payroll division. They will provide you with instructions on how to set it up. You’ll need your Brazos Star Checking or Savings Account number, and our routing number.
Brazos Star’s Routing Number: 313178182
If you’re unsure what your exact account number is, please contact Brazos Star to verify your account number. If you receive Social Security benefits you can add or change your information here: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/direct-deposit.html